‘Be Good’ Guidelines
The Platform strongly recommends the Customers & Workers to abide by the ‘Be Good’ Guidelines which helps both the Customer & the Worker in maintaining a healthy & good relationship with each other.
‘Be Good’ Guidelines for Customers/Employers:
- Pay Appropriately: Evaluate the work the Workers is doing and try to give him/her the best pay possible. Do not argue if he/she is asking a little more than what you want to pay. Rather, understand why he/she is saying so. Under all likelihood you may understand the workers need and you may come out with an amicable solution that works in the favour of both.
- Try to understand the worker’s life: While interviewing your Workers, try and check if the person is going through any problems at home. You can then indirectly let him/her know that he/she can depend on you in case he/she needs any help.
- Show some faith: Give the worker the confidence and also show some faith. One would give ones best possible input only if he/she feels that you trust him/her.
- Give him/her some settling time: Do not expect the person to do exactly the way you want and then criticize him/her if he/she doesn’t comply. The first couple of weeks, guide him/her and let him/her know what exactly you want and then give him/her time to settle down.
- Appreciate his/her good work: Appreciate him/her for his/her good work and also sometimes give him/her extra work which falls out of his/her predefined tasks, but always remember to pay extra to him/her for those tasks.
- Treat him/her respectfully: No matter who the worker is, what background he/she has come from or whichever way he dresses or looks, never judge the person and respect that he/she is working at your place for some reason, which in most of the case is source of income. Respect him/her, and in return, he/she would do the same for you.
- Be Good, and be a friend to the person.
‘Be Good’ Guidelines for Workers:
- Work diligently: There’s dearth of work. There are enough people around who do not have a job. And since you’ve been able to find one, respect it in all possible ways. Worship your work, which is the only source of income on which your entire family relies. Be on time, be diligent towards your work, take care of the instructions given by your Employer, and you would never be in need to find work ever in the future.
- Try to understand the Employer’s need: It is important that you understand the Employer’s need of the work at hand. Your Employer is paying you a monthly salary for the work he/she has hired you. Furthermore, if you understand the employer’s need, there would never be a situation where they would be after your life to get it done.
- Show some faith: Give the Employer the confidence that you are willing to take care of the responsibilities and also show some faith in him/her. By doing this you would always get the best environment to work.
- Give him/her some time to understand you: Understanding a person takes some time. Like the way you might be new to your Employer, so does he/she to you. Give your employer some time to understand you.
- Respect the elders & the family and love the younger ones: In a domestic environment, always respect your elders & the family members and love the younger ones at Employer’s place. While the employer must be paying you, but everyone in the family plays a significant role in help you work there. If the family is happy, under all likelihood your employer would also be happy with you.
- Be good, and be a friend/brother/sister/son/daughter to your employer